Assemblywoman Woerner’s legislation can best be described as pragmatic policy solutions to problems and concerns that are a priority to the people and municipalities of the 113th Assembly District. Each of the bills she introduces have majority sponsors in the Senate, helping to ensure their eventual passage into law. In the first year of her first term, Carrie succeeded in shepherding 7 bi-partisan bills through the Legislature, of these 5 were signed into law.
Because of her efforts:
- Saratoga County is able to fund the county’s economic development agency (A6909)
- Saratoga Springs continues to receive VLT revenues (A6332)
- Ballston Spa School District has the tools it needs to manage its finances (A7622)
- Saratoga County Water Authority is able to make upgrades and improvements to its water treatment facilities (A7293)
- The Historic Hudson-Hoosic Rivers Partnership can move forward to build a regional Visitors Center to support tourism in the river communities that surround the Saratoga National Battlefield Park. (A5076)